Holiday celebrations are in full swing, and fashion advice is coming from a surprising source. The Meijer Style Team has designed fashion pieces that will help customers celebrate in style. The Grand Rapids-based retailer also has dedicated web space for fashion trends and advice on the company website, at meijer.com/style/
“We want the Meijer customer to know that we are serious about offering the most up-to-date fashion in our stores,” said Lynn Hempe, group vice president of softlines for the retailer. “Our buying team is very fashion savvy and we are now able to pair their talent with expert style advice from Mariana to make sure our customers have the best looks this holiday season.”
The Meijer Style Team is led by Hempe, and includes the softlines buying team and input from fashion advisor, Mariana Keros, who has tracked the nation’s hottest fashion trends for more than 20 years. Keros began supporting the efforts of the Meijer team in July of this year.
The Meijer Style Team offered plenty of options to add sparkle and shine, including the infusion of Lurex yarns that add sparkle to sweaters or shimmer to feminine chiffon blouses. Rhinestones and metallic detailing are also great ways to add interest to fabrics and accessories.
Cozy sweater dresses, vibrant color and chunky textures also play a prominent role in this season’s holiday fashion. Comfortable knits and flannels are also top items for every member of the family.
Here are the top 10 holiday wardrobe must haves that can all be found at your local Meijer:
1. Sweater Dress: For the office, party and play. Pair with leggings or tights, boots or high heels.
2. Gem or Beaded Embellished Sweater: Any shape or design.
3. Longer Length Chunky Cardigan Sweater: Cozy and stylish.
4. Feminine Blouse: Popular in vibrant colors, ivory and black.
5. Short Bootie or Riding Boot: Belting, straps, buckles and metal detailing make this footwear fun.
6. Chunky, Jeweled Statement Necklace: For work and special occasions.
7. Plaid Flannel Shirt: In new colors – a perfect pairing with jeans.
8. Evening Clutch: Embellished to sparkle and shine.
9. Pea Coat: Updated versions that offer style and warmth.
10. Knit Accessories: Make sure hats, gloves and scarves are brightly colored and display elements of shimmer and shine.
The Meijer Style Team that will help customers easily go from the office to holiday celebrations:
·Change your daytime boot to a dressy shoe, such as a high heel or a beaded ballet flat.
·Add a statement jeweled cocktail ring.
·Add a beaded or sequined cardigan sweater.
·Layer your wrist with multiple jeweled bracelets and cuffs.
·Change to statement drop earrings in bright jewel tones.
For additional advice on in-trend holiday fashions and ideas from the Meijer Style Team, visit Meijer.com/style.