Business owners and entrepreneurs are invited to attend Oakland County Business Center seminars. Unless otherwise noted, all work shops are held at the Oakland County Executive Office Building Conference Center, 2100 Pontiac Lake Road, west of Telegraph, in Waterford Township. Visit www.AdvantageOakland.com/businessworkshops or call 248-858-0783 to register.
• Walk-In-Start-Up Thursdays is 9:30 a.m. to noon and 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. every Thursday. Walk In Start Up Thursdays Small Business counseling initiative is for individuals who want to launch a business but don’t know where to begin. They will receive confidential, one-on-one advice from an experienced business consultant with no appointment necessary. There is no fee. Walk-in sessions are available on a first come, first served basis and each session is limited to 15 minutes.
• CEED Small Business Loan Orientation is 9 to 11 a.m. Wednesday, July 9 at Farmington Hills City Hall Community Room, 31555 W. 11 Mile Road, Farmington Hills. The workshop covers the requirements and process necessary to apply for and obtain a Small Business Loan. (CEED is Center for Empowerment and Economic Development). This workshop is free, but registration is required.
• Break the Rules, Close More Sales is 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday, July 10. A business development workshop about how to establish trust with your prospects, prospect more efficiently, shorten the sales cycle, eliminate stalls and objection, take control of the sales process, and differentiate your company. Registration is required. This workshop is $40 per person.
• Business Research: Feasibility to Expansion is 9 a.m. to noon, Wednesday, July 16. Business Research shows you ways to find your ideal customers, your competitors, perform competitive analysis and more. This workshop is free, but registration is required.
• Get a Grip on Your Business, EOS Workshop is 9 to 11 a.m. Thursday, July 17. Mike Kotsis, a professional EOS implementer, can help business leaders and teams simplify, clarify and achieve their vision. Registration is required. The cost is $40 per person.
• Legal Basics for Small Business is 9 a.m. to noon, Tuesday, July 29. The program addresses how to select the best type of legal structure for a business, how to protect business interests when dealing with customers, suppliers or independent contractors and guidelines for establishing short and long term succession plans. The cost is $20 per person, registration is preferred, but payable at the door.